Italian Spinach Pie
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1/2cup chopped onions
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1/4cup skim milk
- 2large egg whites, beaten with a fork
- 1/2teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (8-ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/2teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute onions over medium heat until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook spinach according to package directions; drain very well.
- In a large bowl, combine onions, artichoke hearts, spinach, ricotta cheese, milk, egg whites and garlic powder, mixing well.
- Spoon into a 9-inch pie plate coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix tomato sauce with oregano and basil and spread evenly over spinach. Bake 15 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and continue baking 5 to 10 minutes longer, until cheese is melted.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 119
- Fat 1.9g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 6mg
- Sodium 207mg