Italian Shrimp and Pasta
- Yield 8 servings
This is a variation of barbecued shrimp, with peeled shrimp so it is not so messy to eat.
You definitely need a loaf of French bread to dip into the sauce.
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 pounds medium to large shrimp, peeled
- 1 cup coarsely chopped tomatoes
- 1 -- (16-ounce) package angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions, optional
- In a large skillet, melt the margarine and add the Italian dressing, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, oregano, rosemary, thyme, lemon juice, and paprika. Bring to a boil over medium heat and add the shrimp and tomatoes, cooking until the shrimp are done, about 7 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the pasta according to the package directions, omitting any salt and oil. Drain and toss the shrimp and sauce with the pasta. Sprinkle with geen onions, if desired.