Italian Sausage and Clam Soup
- Yield 6
- Prep 10 minutes
- Cook 45 minutes
Italian sausage and clams team up in this hearty soup.
- 3/4 pound hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomatoes, chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle clam juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 cup shucked clams or 1 (10-ounce) can whole baby clams, rinsed, drained
- Brown sausage in a 4-quart pot; drain. Add tomato sauce, undrained tomatoes, mushrooms, water, clam juice, garlic, parsley and basil. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat. Cover and simmer 30 minutes, adding clams during last 5 minutes of cooking. Serve with crusty Italian bread.
Recipe courtesy of Coco’s Italian Market, Nashville, Tenn.