- Yield: 8 servings
You can serve this pie with marmalade, but we made quick candied lemon slices, which provided just the right sweet, tart note.
- 1 1/2cups crushed almond or hazelnut biscotti
- 3tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 16ounces whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2cup sugar
- 1tablespoon honey
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- Candied lemon slices (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325F. Coat bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine biscotti crumbs and butter. Pour into the bottom of prepare pan and press down firmly. Bake 10 minutes. Let cool.
- To prepare filling, whisk eggs in large bowl. Add remaining ingredients, and whisk until well combined.
- Pour filling into crust and bake 50 minutes, until a wooden pick inserted in the center of the pie comes out clean. Top with Candied Lemon Slices, if using.
Recipe courtesy of Kristine Gasbarre, author of How to Love an American Man.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 359
- Fat 17g
- Cholesterol 177mg
- Sodium 250mg
- Carbohydrate 20g
- Fiber 1g
- Protein 13g