- Yield 8 servings
The secret to a long and happy marriage, according to author Kristine Gasbarre, just may lie in this ricotta pie.
You can serve this pie with marmalade, but we made quick candied lemon slices, which provided just the right sweet, tart note.
- 1 1/2 cups crushed almond or hazelnut biscotti
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 4 -- eggs
- 16 ounces whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- -- Candied lemon slices (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325F. Coat bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine biscotti crumbs and butter. Pour into the bottom of prepare pan and press down firmly. Bake 10 minutes. Let cool.
- To prepare filling, whisk eggs in large bowl. Add remaining ingredients, and whisk until well combined.
- Pour filling into crust and bake 50 minutes, until a wooden pick inserted in the center of the pie comes out clean. Top with Candied Lemon Slices, if using.
Recipe courtesy of Kristine Gasbarre, author of How to Love an American Man.