- 2pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2cups sliced yellow squash (about 3 squash)
- 1large zucchini, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1teaspoon minced garlic
- 4large Roma (plum) tomatoes, quartered
- 1teaspoon dried basil
- 1teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (28-ounce) can no-salt-added whole tomatoes, crushed, with their juices
- 6cups cooked rice
- Heat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray over high heat and add pork, squash, zucchini, green pepper, onion, garlic, tomatoes, basil and oregano.
- Stir for 10 minutes as veggies become tender and meat browns.
- Add crushed tomatoes and simmer for 20 minutes until meat is done cooking and vegetables are fork tender.
Recipe reprinted with permission from One-Dish Favorites (Holly Clegg, 1997). For more from Holly, follow along at her website, Trim & Terrific.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 462
- Fat 7.8g
- Saturated Fat 2.6g
- Cholesterol 90mg
- Sodium 83mg
- Carbohydrate 57.4g
- Protein 38.5g