Italian Pork, Squash and Tomatoes
- Yield 6 servings
Fresh vegetables cooked together from a wonderful sauce full of flavor.
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups sliced yellow squash (about 3 squash)
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 large Roma (plum) tomatoes, quartered
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (28-ounce) can no-salt-added whole tomatoes, crushed, with their juices
- 6 cups cooked rice
- Heat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray over high heat and add pork, squash, zucchini, green pepper, onion, garlic, tomatoes, basil and oregano. Cook, stirring, until meat begins to brown and vegetables are crisp-tender, about 10 minutes. Add crushed tomatoes and continue cooking, covered, over medium heat until meat is done and vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes. Serve over rice.