Italian Pork, Squash and Tomatoes
- Yield 6 servings
Fresh vegetables cooked together from a wonderful sauce full of flavor.
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups sliced yellow squash (about 3 squash)
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 large Roma (plum) tomatoes, quartered
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (28-ounce) can no-salt-added whole tomatoes, crushed, with their juices
- 6 cups cooked rice
- Heat a large skillet with nonstick cooking spray over high heat and add pork, squash, zucchini, green pepper, onion, garlic, tomatoes, basil and oregano.
- Stir for 10 minutes as veggies become tender and meat browns.
- Add crushed tomatoes and simmer for 20 minutes until meat is done cooking and vegetables are fork tender.