Italian Pork Kabobs with Summer Vegetables
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 1/2pounds boneless pork loin roast, trimmed, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2teaspoon red pepper flakes, or less to taste
- 1tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1tablespoon fresh basil, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- tttablespoon fresh oregano, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2-- garlic cloves, chopped
- 2small zucchini, trimmed and cut crosswise into rounds
- 2large bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch squares
- Prepare outdoor grill for direct medium-hot grilling. For a gas grill, preheat grill on high. Adjust temperature to 400°F. For a charcoal grill, build fire and let burn until coals are covered with white ash. Spread coals and let burn for 15-20 minutes.
- Whisk vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt, and hot red pepper together in large bowl. Whisk in oil. Add basil, oregano, and garlic. Add pork loin and toss to coat. Spread zucchini and bell peppers on top of pork, season with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and let stand 5 minutes. Stir to coat with marinade. Do not marinate longer than 15 minutes.
- Skewer pork, zucchini, and bell peppers, alternating ingredients, onto 6 metal kabob skewers.
- Lightly oil cooking grate. Place kabobs on grill and cover grill. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 10-12 minutes or until pork is browned. Let stand for 3 minutes, then serve.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 160
- Fat 5g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 75mg
- Sodium 540mg
- Carbohydrate 2g
- Fiber 1g
- Protein 24g