Italian Pork Chops
- Yield 8 servings
These well-seasoned pork chops produce a delicious gravy, which is super served over rice.
- 4 pounds center cut pork chops (about 8)
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into rings
- 1 onion, sliced into rings and separated
- 4 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Trim any fat around the pork chops. Combine together the garlic powder, pepper, oregano and basil and sprinkle on both sides of the pork chops. Place in an oblong 3-quart baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce and pour over the seasoned pork chops. Lay the green pepper and onion rings on top. Cover and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour, 15 minutes or until the meat is tender. Remove the cover and top with sliced tomatoes and cheese, continue baking 15 minutes.