Italian Pizza Slices
- Yield 12 servings
These wonderful pizza slices make the perfect pick up for company.
- 1 (16-ounce) loaf French bread, cut into 12 to 14 slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup chopped Roma tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the broiler.
- Arrange the slices of bread on a baking sheet, cut-side up, and broil until lightly browned. Turn slices to other side and broil. Watch carefully.
- In a skillet coated with nonstick cooking spray, heat the olive oil and saute the garlic, green onions, tomatoes, salt, pepper and basil for several minutes. Add the lemon juice.
- Spoon the mixture evenly on top of the bread slices and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese. Return to broiler and broil just until the cheese melts, about 2 minutes, watch carefully.