Italian Pasta Salad
- Yield 10 servings
This vegetarian salad can be adjusted to your taste and your pantry. Use your imagination and your favorite kind of pasta.
- 8 ounces ziti pasta
- 4 ounces tricolored rotini
- 1 -- green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 -- red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons drained capers
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 -- Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook both the pastas together according to package directions, omitting the oil and salt. Rinse and drain and place in a large bowl.
- Add the green pepper, red pepper, celery, capers, green onions and tomatoes.
- Combine the vinegar with the water, basil, oregano, garlic, mustard and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl, mixing well. Pour over the pasta mixture and toss well.