Mark Boughton Photography / Styling by Teresa Blackburn
- 1 1/2slices white bread
- 3tablespoons milk
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 8ounces button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 1/2pounds ground chuck
- 1 egg
- 1/2cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Combine milk and bread. Soak 5 minutes. Combine bread mixture, onion, mushrooms, beef, egg, cheese, salt, pepper and half the tomatoes. Mix with your hands. Shape into a loaf and place in a baking dish. Scatter with remaining tomatoes. Bake 40 minutes or until meat registers 160F.
Serve with Fast and Creamy Polenta and Sauteed Carrots.