Italian Linguine Casserole
- Yield 8 to 10 servings
A tomatoey twist on baked macaroni and cheese, this is the perfect recip to make for a hungry crowd, especially a bunch of kids.
- 2 tablespoons margarin
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (1-pound) package linguine
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a saucepan, melt margarine over medium-low heat. Add onion and saute until soft, about 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce, basil, oregano, thyme, and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Cook linguine according to package directions, omitting any oil and salt. Drain and toss with tomato sauce, mixing well. Transfer linguine to a 13x9x2-inch casserole coated with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with both cheeses and bake 20 mintues.