Fennel Salad with Sicilian Pistachios and Sesame Seeds
- Yield: 2 servings
- 1 fennel bulb
- Extra virgin olive oil, to taste
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2ounces toasted sesame seeds
- 2ounces shaved Parmigiano Reggiano
- Sicilian pistachios, chopped, to taste
- Wash the fennel, remove the hard part of the core and cut into 4 pieces lengthwise (keeping the feet on the core). Slice, rinse and dry using a centrifuge salad spinner or just blot with a clean cloth.
- In a bowl, pour the oil, salt and pepper and toasted sesame seeds, whisk with a fork and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Pour in the fennel and stir.
- Add the grated Parmigiano flakes and pistachios and serve.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Vegetarian Italian Kitchen © 2016 by Veronica Lavenia, New Holland Publishers