Italian Easter Pies
- Yield: 24 servings
"This recipe was handed down from my mom. Many years ago, she decided to throw this together and see what happened. Every Easter season after that, our family would ask if she was going to make her pies. She called them ricotta pies, but I've added a little more Italian."
- 16 eggs
- 1 1/2cups grated Asiago
- 1cup shredded provolone
- 1 (15-ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 2tablespoons grated Romano
- 2cups diced ham
- 1cup chopped pepperoni
- 1cup milk
- 1 1/2teaspoons baking powder
- 1teaspoon dried parsley
- 4 (9-inch) frozen pie shells, thawed
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl until well beaten. Add the cheeses, ham, pepperoni, milk, baking powder, and parsley; mix well. Divide the mixture evenly among the pie shells. Place the pies on baking sheets.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Recipe by Nancy Disciascio, New Alexandria, Pa.