Italian Chocolate-Chestnut Dessert
- Yield: 12 servings
- 4ounces sweet cooking chocolate
- 1/2cup sweet (unsalted) butter, room temperature
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2cup canned chestnut creme
- 1cup whipped cream to top
- Melt chocolate in top part of double boiler over hot water.
- Cream butter until fluffy. Stir in vanilla and chestnut creme.
- Beat in melted chocolate and beat until absolutely smooth.
- Line bottom of 8-inch layer-cake pan or pie pan with wax paper. Press mixture into pan. Chill.
- Unmold and remove wax paper. Decorate with whipped cream. Makes 12 servings.