Italian Chocolate-Chestnut Dessert
- 4 ounces sweet cooking chocolate
- 1/2 cup sweet (unsalted) butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cup canned chestnut creme
- 1 cup whipped cream to top
Melt chocolate in top part of double boiler over hot water.
Cream butter until fluffy. Stir in vanilla and chestnut creme.
Beat in melted chocolate and beat until absolutely smooth.
Line bottom of 8-inch layer-cake pan or pie pan with wax paper. Press mixture into pan. Chill.
Unmold and remove wax paper. Decorate with whipped cream. Makes 12 servings.