- 1-- (3-pound) boneless beef chuck roast
- 1teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- 1/4cup water
- 16ounces sliced or whole pepperoncinis, undrained
- 1medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1medium green pepper, julienned
- 1clove garlic, minced
- 1-- (2-ounce) packet reduced-sodium onion soup mix
- 2tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2-- (1-pound) loaves Italian bread, cut into halves lengthwise
Cut roast in half; place in a 5-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, cayenne and pepper. Add water. Cover and cook on HIGH 4 hours or until meat is tender.
Remove roast; shred meat with two forks and return to the slow cooker.
In a large bowl, combine the pepperoncinis, peppers, garlic, soup mix and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meat. Cover and cook on HIGH 1 hour longer or until peppers are tender.
Spoon beef mixture over the bottom halves of bread; replace bread tops. Cut each loaf into 6 sandwiches.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 381
- Fat 7g
- Cholesterol 50mg
- Sodium 1294mg
- Carbohydrate 43g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 32g