Italian Beef Sandwiches
- 1 -- (3-pound) boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 16 ounces sliced or whole pepperoncinis, undrained
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 -- (2-ounce) packet reduced-sodium onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 -- (1-pound) loaves Italian bread, cut into halves lengthwise
Cut roast in half; place in a 5-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, cayenne and pepper. Add water. Cover and cook on HIGH 4 hours or until meat is tender.
Remove roast; shred meat with two forks and return to the slow cooker.
In a large bowl, combine the pepperoncinis, peppers, garlic, soup mix and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meat. Cover and cook on HIGH 1 hour longer or until peppers are tender.
Spoon beef mixture over the bottom halves of bread; replace bread tops. Cut each loaf into 6 sandwiches.