- Yield 4 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 0 mins
This salad's bright and lively flavors make it a welcome visitor all year 'round.
The secret to Israeli salad is to evenly dice all the vegetables and have the vegetables at room temperature.
- 1 lemon, halved
- 4 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 4 unpeeled cucumbers, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 hot green pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons parsley, cilantro or mint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon sumac (optional)
- Squeeze juice from one lemon half. Section the other half and finely chop.
- Place lemon juice and lemon sections in a bowl; add remaining ingredients and toss.
The Book of New Israeli Food, A Culinary Journey, by Jana Gur, 2007.