Israeli CousCous with Oil Cured Black Olives
- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 15 minutes
- Cook 30 minutes
Delicious topped with toasted, chopped walnuts!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 -- yellow onion, minced
- 2 cups Israeli couscous
- 1/2 cup sliced oil cured black olives
- 3-1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat; add garlic and cook until garlic is toasted, stirring constantly. Stir in onions and cook until soft. Add couscous and cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until couscous is toasted and golden brown; stir in stock
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until all of the liquid has been absorbed. Stir in olives and season with salt. Sprinkle chopped walnuts on top.