Island Coconut Bars
- Yield 32 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 10 mins
King's Hawaiian Bread dipped in sweetened milk and dusted with coconut.
- 1 -- (16 oz.) loaf King's Hawaiian Sweet Bread
- 1 -- (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- Lightly coat cookie sheet with non-stick spray (do not use dark metal pan). Set aside.
- Form Bars: Remove crust from loaf. Cut loaf horizontally into 4 layers.
- Leaving layers stacked, make 3 vertical cuts down through loaf about 2 inches apart.
- Turn loaf 1/4 and cut again vertically in half. Each resulting bar will be about 4x2x1/2-inch.
- Pour milk and coconut into 2 separate shallow pans. Dip one cut side of bread bar into milk to coat (or apply with pastry brush).
- Press same side of bar into coconut.
- Transfer to baking sheet with coated side facing up. Repeat with remaining pieces.
- Place baking sheet in center of preheated 375F oven for 10-11 minutes or until top and bottom are lightly golden brown; watch carefully.
- Immediately remove from pan and cool.