Island Coconut Bars
- Yield: 32 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- 1-- (16 oz.) loaf King's Hawaiian Sweet Bread
- 1-- (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2cups sweetened flaked coconut
- Lightly coat cookie sheet with non-stick spray (do not use dark metal pan). Set aside.
- Form Bars: Remove crust from loaf. Cut loaf horizontally into 4 layers.
- Leaving layers stacked, make 3 vertical cuts down through loaf about 2 inches apart.
- Turn loaf 1/4 and cut again vertically in half. Each resulting bar will be about 4x2x1/2-inch.
- Pour milk and coconut into 2 separate shallow pans. Dip one cut side of bread bar into milk to coat (or apply with pastry brush).
- Press same side of bar into coconut.
- Transfer to baking sheet with coated side facing up. Repeat with remaining pieces.
- Place baking sheet in center of preheated 375F oven for 10-11 minutes or until top and bottom are lightly golden brown; watch carefully.
- Immediately remove from pan and cool.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Glycemic Load 0
- Calories 120
- Fat 4g
- Saturated Fat 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
- Monounsaturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 10mg
- Sodium 65mg
- Potassium 80mg
- Carbohydrate 17g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugars 10g
- Protein 2g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Vitamin A 0%
- Vitamin C 0%
- Calcium 4%
- Iron 2%