Island Chicken Wings
- Yield 4 servings
- 8 -- chicken wings
- 1 -- (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground all spice
- 1 large banana, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon garlic oil
- Cut off wing tips; discard or save for other purposes. Cut remaining wings apart at joints to make 2 pieces each.
- To make dipping sauce, in blender, combine chilies, onion, raisins, preserves, brown sugar, lemon juice, allspice and banana; puree.
- In large skillet, heat garlic oil. Cook wings for 18 to 20 minutes or until well-browned on all sides and internal juices of chicken run clear. Meanwhile, pour sauce in small saucepan and cook uncovered over medium heat for 10 minutes to thicken liquid; stir frequently.
- Sprinkle wings with salt and pepper. Serve with dipping sauce.
TIP: For additional flavor, marinate chicken wings in Italian dressing and then grill or broil. Serve with dipping sauce.