Irish Stout Cheese-Stuffed Burgers
- Yield 4 servings
These burgers are stuffed with Irish stout-flavored Dubliner cheese for a rich melding of flavors.
- 1 1/2 pounds 85% lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Dubliner cheese with Irish stout
- 4 hamburger rolls, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 teaspoons mayonnaise
- Combine beef, shallots, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper in a bowl and gently mix. Divide into 8 equal portions and form each into a thin patty about 3 1/2-inches in diameter.
- Place 2 tablespoons cheese in the center of each of 4 patties. Top with remaining patties. Pinch edges of meat to seal.
- Coat a grill pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add patties and cook 5 minutes per side.
- To assemble, place 1 lettuce leaf, 1 tomato slice, and 1 burger op top of each roll bottom. Spread roll tops with mayonnaise and set on top of a burgers. Serve immediately.
—Recipe by David Bonom.