Irish Mashed Potatoes
- Yield 6 servings
These light and delicious mashed pototes star spinach, for a healthy dose of vitamins and nutrients.
- 2 pounds red-skin or golden potatoes, peeled and cut in large chunks
- 1 -- (7.75-ounce) can whole-leaf spinach drained
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/3 cup milk, half-and-half or cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender, about 15 minutes; drain and return to the pot.
- Meanwhile purée the spinach in a food processor until completely smooth.
- Mash potatoes with a potato masher or ricer. Mix in puréed spinach and remaining ingredients Warm over medium heat, stirring constantly.