Irish Mashed Potatoes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2pounds red-skin or golden potatoes, peeled and cut in large chunks
- 1-- (7.75-ounce) can whole-leaf spinach drained
- 1tablespoon butter or oil
- 1/2teaspoon onion powder
- 1/3cup milk, half-and-half or cream
- 1/4teaspoon salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender, about 15 minutes; drain and return to the pot.
- Meanwhile purée the spinach in a food processor until completely smooth.
- Mash potatoes with a potato masher or ricer. Mix in puréed spinach and remaining ingredients Warm over medium heat, stirring constantly.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 199
- Fat 7g
- Cholesterol 6mg
- Sodium 141mg
- Carbohydrate 30g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 3g