- Yield 2 to 3
The 'Luck 'o the Irish' will be smiling on you with every delicious bite of these cookies.
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons Irish cream
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2 cup chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Combine the brown sugar, butter, egg and vanilla in a mixer bowl. Beat until fluffy, scraping the bowl occasionally.
- Add the flour, Irish cream, baking soda and salt, beating until blended. Stir in the chocolate chunks and nuts.
- Shape into 1-inch balls. Arrange on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown. Cool on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Mackinac Island Medical Center, The Flavors of Mackinac (Mackinac Island Medical Center, 1997)