- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 3pounds corned beef brisket
- 4cups chicken broth
- 1small head cabbage, cut into 6 wedges
- 10medium red potatoes in jackets
- 1/4cup butter
- 1/4cup flour
- 2tablespoons Creole mustard
- 1/4cup chopped parsley
- Simmer beef in chicken broth 3-4 hours or until tender. Remove from liquid and chill. Add cabbage and potatoes to broth and cook 30-40 minutes or until tender. Transfer vegetables and meat to serving platter and keep warm. Skim excess fat from broth the reserve 1 1/2 cups for sauce. Blend butter, flour, and mustard and stir in reserved broth. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sauce comes to a boil and is slightly thickened. Serve with meat and vegetables. Garnish with parsley.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Monroe’s Celebrations on the Bayou (The Junior League of Monroe, Inc., Monroe, Louisiana 1989).