- Yield 6 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 5 mins
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 1/2 small red onion, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (optional)
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Add cumin, chili powder and turmeric. Add popcorn and stir well. Pop corn, shaking pan occasionally.
- Remove from heat. Add onion, lemon juice, cilantro and peanuts. Toss well, sprinkle with salt and serve immediately.
Adapted with permission from Monica Bhide's Modern Spice: Inspired Indian Flavors for the Contemporary Kitchen.