Indian Spinach Salad
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
This spinach salad features sweet raisins, crunchy apples and peanuts, and topped with a delicious vinaigrette dressing.
- 8 cups torn fresh spinach (approximately 10 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped, unpared apples
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup peanuts, crushed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons chutney, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- To prepare the salad. Combine all ingredients.
- Toss with dressing.
- To prepare the dressing. Combine all ingredients in jar. Shake well.
- Chill before serving.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Augusta’s Second Round; Tea Time at the Masters(Augusta, Georgia, 1988).