Indian Spiced Walnuts
- Yield: 4 cups
- 4cups California Walnut halves and pieces
- 2-- egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2teaspoon curry powder
- 1tablespoon ground cumin
- 1-1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon sugar
- Coat a large, shallow, baking pan with non-stick vegetable spray. Mix egg whites with spices. Stir in walnuts and coat thoroughly.
- Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake in 350F oven for 15-18 minutes, until dry and crisp. Cool completely before serving.
Prepare ingredients as above. Spread prepared walnuts in microwave-proof dish. Microwave on high in 4 or 5 batches for 2-3 minutes each, until dry and crisp. Cool completely.