Chicken Pizza Madras
- Yield servings
- 4 -- Grilled skinless, boneless chicken breast cut into cubes
- 10 ounces Paneer (Indian style dairy) cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon garlic butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil to brown Paneer
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala (found in Indian Specialty section)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 small tomatoes cut into bite size chunks
- 1/2 cup sliced portabella mushrooms
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 -- head of garlic (top cut off and oven roasted in foil)
- -- (up to) 1 tablespoon Olive oil to drizzle pizza
- 5 ounces goat cheese crumbled
- 12 -- 15 Spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 large Naan already prepared or you can use a pizza dough from your local pizzeria.
NOTE: You will mix the yogurt, tomato paste, cumin, cinnamon and red pepper flakes prior to cooking pizza and let set a couple of hours in fridge.
Heat oven to 400 degrees
Prepare a pizza stone with cornmeal
Heat skillet with butter and Olive oil
Sprinkle the Garam Masala over the Paneer cubes and toss to coat
Stri fry the Paneer in the skillet until Golden brown.
Add mushroom and chopped onion and lightly brown mushrooms.
Add the chunks of chicken to the pan tossing to heat and combine with paneer, mushroom, and onion.
Drizzle some Olive oil over Naan (or pizza dough) and brush with a pastry brush to coat dough or Naan.
Now squeeze the roasted garlic onto the Naan and spread evenly.
To top the pizza: add the chicken and paneer with mushroom and onion evenly over Naan.. Add the tomato.
In the same skillet that you cooked the paneer and chicken, pour the yogurt mixture and heat through stirring about 2 minutes on medium heat.
Now drizzle this yogurt "pizza sauce" over the pizza.
Top with the crumbled goat cheese, a few spinach leaves, cilantro and. bake until edges begin to brown and spinach begins to wilt slightly.
Cut into small squares to serve as an appetizer or into slices to serve as a main course.
Enjoy the unique flavors of the spice and chicken together.