Indian Cole Slaw with Mango, Cilantro and Golden Raisins
- Yield 8 servings
Sweet mango and raisins star in this Indian-inspired slaw.
- 4 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 2 green onions (green and white parts), chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 3/4 cup diced ripe mango
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup canola oil or mild olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne, depending on your taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Combine cabbage, green onions, cilantro, mango and golden raisins in a large mixing bowl. Toss well.
- Combine oil, white vinegar, honey, turmeric, ginger, cayenne and cardamom. Whisk until well combined. Drizzle over the cabbage mixture. Toss well, making sure everything gets coated with the vinaigrette. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes to let the slaw chill and the flavors come together or serve right away.