Iced Cucumber Soup
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
Try this cool and refreshing soup in the summertime.
- 3 medium cucumbers, peeled and chopped (scrape larger seeds out)
- 3 tablespoons chopped green pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons finely grated onion
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dillweed or chives (to garnish)
- Combine all ingredients in electric blender or food processor. Chill thoroughly. Sprinkle with dill or chives.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Charlotte’s Charlotte Cooks Again (The Junior League of Charlotte, Inc., Charlotte, North Carolina, 1981).