- Yield 12 servings
Wonderful for sandwiches or as a chip dip.
- 1 -- (19-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 -- garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons tahini*
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor fitted with the metal blade or use a hand-held immersion blender to puree until fairly smooth with a few chunks. Or simply mash with a fork in a large bowl. Makes 3 cups.