Hungarian Pork Chops
- Yield 4 to 5 servings
"This dish is a crowd pleaser. It's particularly good when served over mashed potatoes. You won't have to worry about leftovers."
- 5 thick, center-cut pork chops
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 banana peppers, sliced in rings (fresh or canned)
- 1 cup water
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a heavy skillet, brown pork chops in oil. (They will not be cooked through.)
- Add onions, peppers, water, tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Cover and simmer on low heat for about 1 1/2 hours or until half of the liquid is evaporated.
Shirley Stotts, Belen, N.M.