Hungarian Mushroom Soup
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2teaspoons olive oil
- 2cups sweet yellow onion, diced
- 8ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 8ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1teaspoon dill weed
- 1tablespoon paprika
- 1tablespoon soy sauce
- 2tablespoons butter
- 3tablespoons flour
- 1cup 2% milk
- 2cups vegetable of chicken stock (divided)
- 2teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2cup sour cream
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Parsley for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onions then cook for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms, dill, paprika, soy sauce, and 1/2 cup of stock, stir until well combined then cover with a lid and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove the mushroom mixture and liquid from the Dutch oven to a bowl, set aside.
- Heat the butter in the Dutch oven, add the flour once the butter has melted then whisk until creamy for a few minutes. Slowly add the milk while whisking until well combined. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes, or until thick. Add the mushroom mixture and juices along with the remaining stock to the flour mixture; stir until well combined. Cover with a lid and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Just before serving, add the lemon juice, sour cream, and season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. Serve garnished with parsley. Enjoy!