- Yield 10 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 0 mins
Classic chickpea spread is a perennial crowd-pleaser.
This recipe is adapted from The Book of New Israel Food, a Culinary Journey, by Janna Gur.
- 3 -- garlic cloves
- 2 cans (15-ounce) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, drained, juice reserved
- 1/3 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Pepper, paprika and cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Place garlic in food processor and process until finely chopped. Add garbanzo beans, tahini, salt, pepper, lemon juice and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Process until smooth. Add reserved bean juice if too thick.2
- Spoon into a bowl, and puddle remaining olive oil in center of dip. Serve with pita chips.