Hummus Soup with Kalamata Olives and Mint
- Yield: servings
- 1cup dried chick peas
- 6cups water
- 1teaspoon cumin seed
- 1teaspoon coriander seed
- 2tablespoons tahini
- 2-3tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3cloves garlic
- 1/2cup Greek-style yogurt
- 1/4cup chopped kalamata olives
- 1/4cup chopped fresh parsley or mint
- Rinse the chickpeas thoroughly and place them in a 7-quart slow cooker along with the water. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, until the chickpeas are tender.
- Coarsely grind the cumin and coriander seeds and add them and the tahini and lemon juice to the chickpeas. Use a garlic press to mince the garlic into the soup. Using a handheld immersion blender, puree the chickpeas to the desired consistency.
- Ladle the soup into bowls. Top each with yogurt, olives, and parsley.
— From 50 Simple Soups for the Slow Cooker by Lynn Alley / Andrews McMeel Publishing