Huevos Rancheros Casserole
- Yield 10 to 12 servings
"I've shared this recipe with rave reviews at Sunday brunches, church gathers, Christmas morning family brunches, and family reunions. I serve it with bacon or pork sausage and fruit."
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack
- 2 (4-ounce) cans chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 12 eggs
- 1 pint sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- Preheat oven to 325F. Grease a 3-quart casserole dish or a 13-x 9-inch baking dish.
- To prepare casserole, sprinkle Monterey Jack in bottom of baking dish. Spoon chilies over Monterey Jack and top with Cheddar.
- Combine eggs, sour cream, chili powder and salt in a large bowl; whisk until foamy. Pour over cheese mixture. Bake, uncovered, 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- To prepare sauce, heat salsa, tomato sauce and bouillon granules in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until thoroughly heated. Serve sauce along with casserole.
Recipe by Shirley Wieberg, Penn Valley, Calif.