Hot Turkey Dijon and Cheese Sandwiches
- Yield 2 servings
This isn't any ordinary grilled cheese sandwich--Swiss cheese, turkey and a delicious dijon sauce make this sandwich extraordinary.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon tarragon
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 4 slices (thick) Wisconsin Emmentaler Swiss cheese
- 4 ounces sliced, fulley cooked turkey or chicken
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- In small bowl mix mustard, mayonnaise and tarragon. Spread on bread slices, dividing equally. For each sandwich, top 1 of the bread slices with half the Swiss Cheese and turkey. Cover with another bread slice. Melt butter in large non-stick skillet. Add sandwiches. Cook over medium heat, turning once, until bread is toasted and cheese is melted, 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Serve hot.