I prefer to heat the dressing before pouring over the vegetables, but you don't have to.
- For the slaw:
- 1 small cabbage, chopped fine
- 1 medium sweet pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, copped
- 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes
- For the dressing:
- 1 small bottle of tomato catsup
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Louisiana Red Hot Sauce
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- Salt to taste
For the slaw:
- Mix the raw vegetables together.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes and set aside.
For the dressing:
- Mix the catsup, vinegar, hot sauce and sugar in a saucepan.
- Add salt to taste.
Pour dressing over the vegetable mixture and let sit 2 hours or overnight until juicy.
Recipe submitted by Granny Poteete, Lewisburg, TN