Hot Seafood Casserole
- Yield: servings
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1cup celery, chopped
- 1 6-ounce can crabmeat, flaked
- 1pound shrimp, cleaned, cooked, cut in small pieces
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/8teaspoon pepper
- 1teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1cup mayonnaise
- 1cup buttery cracker crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350F. Combine green pepper, onion, celery, crabmeat, shrimp,salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and mayonnaise in a medium-sized bowl. Mix Gently. Spoon into an 8-inch-square baking dish or individual ramekins. Sprinkle with cracker crumbs. Bake for 30 minutes.
Tips from Our Test Kitchen: This dish is ideal for bunch or ladies luncheon. It’s also good with 1/4 cup cooking sherry added to the seafood mixture before baking.
—Nancy Flores, Ruidoso, N.M.