- Yield 4 servings
Spice up potatoes with green chiles and cilantro.
- 4 -- potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch round slices
- 1 1/4 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- -- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 -- (4 1/2-ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Coat a baking sheet and a 9-inch pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine sliced potatoes, 1 teaspoon garlic, salt and pepper, and oil. Mix well. Spread potato slices in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine green chiles, cilantro, tomato, and the remaining garlic. Set aside.
- In pizza pan, arrange baked sliced potatoes in a spiral pattern, overlapping slices. Spoon chili mixture over potatoes and top with shredded Monterey Jack. Bake 5 to 6 minutes, until cheese is melted. To serve, cut into wedges.