Hot or Cold Chicken
- Yield 4 servings
- 1 -- broiler-fryer chicken, cooked, skinned, boned and broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Bouquet Garni
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped pimento, drained
- 6 ounces tri-color rotelle pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Romano cheese
- In Dutch oven, place chicken, broth and pepper and heat over medium temperature about 2 minutes. While chicken is heating, place in food processor or blender, the cottage cheese and lemon juice; process until smooth, about 1 minute. Add Bouquet Garni and garlic; process 30 seconds more. Remove chicken from heat and stir in cottage cheese mixture. Add chopped pimento and hot rotelle, which has been cooked and well drained. Stir to mix and return to low heat about 2 minutes or until heated through. Place chicken mixture in serving dish and sprinkle with cheese. Serve hot or chill in refrigerator and serve as a salad.
* If Bouquet Garni is unavailable, use mixture of 1/4 teaspoon chopped parsley, 1/8 teaspoon thyme and 1/8 teaspoon crumbled bay leaf.