Hot or Cold Chicken
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1-- broiler-fryer chicken, cooked, skinned, boned and broken into pieces
- 1/2cup chicken broth
- 1/4teaspoon pepper
- 1cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 2tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2teaspoon Bouquet Garni
- 1clove garlic, minced
- 1/4cup chopped pimento, drained
- 6ounces tri-color rotelle pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 2tablespoons freshly grated Romano cheese
- In Dutch oven, place chicken, broth and pepper and heat over medium temperature about 2 minutes. While chicken is heating, place in food processor or blender, the cottage cheese and lemon juice; process until smooth, about 1 minute. Add Bouquet Garni and garlic; process 30 seconds more. Remove chicken from heat and stir in cottage cheese mixture. Add chopped pimento and hot rotelle, which has been cooked and well drained. Stir to mix and return to low heat about 2 minutes or until heated through. Place chicken mixture in serving dish and sprinkle with cheese. Serve hot or chill in refrigerator and serve as a salad.
* If Bouquet Garni is unavailable, use mixture of 1/4 teaspoon chopped parsley, 1/8 teaspoon thyme and 1/8 teaspoon crumbled bay leaf.