Hot and Sour Chicken on Saffron Rice
- Yield 4 servings
An easy sweet and sour sauce perfectly complements chicken and rice.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons commercial Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cooked saffron rice, prepared according to package directions
- Sweet & Sour Sauce:
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon oriental sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Sprinkle each chicken breast half with Cajun seasoning. In large nonstick frypan, place butter and olive oil and heat over medium temperature. Add chicken and sauté, turning, about 12 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and fork can be inserted with ease. Remove chicken from pan and cut into 1/2-inch strips. To serve, place rice on plate, top with chicken strips and serve with Sweet and Sour Sauce.
- Sweet and Sour Sauce: In small saucepan, mix together orange juice, lemon juice, sugar, allspice and sesame oil. Bring to a boil over medium heat. In small bowl, mix until smooth, cornstarch and water. Add to saucepan and cook until mixture has slightly thickened. Serve warm.