Hot German Potato Salad with Bacon and Onions
- 5 pounds Russet potatoes
- 1/2 box bacon
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 6 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon parsley, chopped or dry
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- Peel, cube and boil the potatoes, drain and set aside. In large skillet, fry the cut up bacon until crisp and set aside. Add the chopped onion to skillet and fry until transparent.
- In small bowl add together the remaining ingredients except the parsley. Add vinegar mix, bacon and potatoes to skillet. Stir well.
- Heat through, add chopped parsley and serve warm.