Hot Fudge Sauce
- Yield 4 cups
A rich chocolate sauce will win rave reviews.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 ounce (12- to 14-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In the top of a double boiler, over hot water, melt butter. Add chocolate and melt.
- Add sugar, 4 tablespoons at a time. Be sure sugar is moistened after each addition. The combination becomes thick and dry.
- Add salt. Stir in milk, a little at a time, and vanilla.
- Cook until sugar is completely dissolved and sauce is thick.
- Serve hot or store in refrigerator and reheat over hot water.