Hot Fudge Pudding
- Yield 8 servings
This dessert is a chocolate lovers dream!
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup half-and-half
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, grated
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups strong coffee
- -- Whipped cream
- -- Grated chocolate
- Sift the flour, 1 1/2 tablespoons baking cocoa, baking powder and salt together 2 to 3 times. Heat the butter in a saucepan until melted. Combine the flour mixture, half-and-half, chocolate and vanilla in a bowl, stirring just until moistened. Add the butter, stirring just until combined; do not over mix. Spoon into a buttered 8×8-inch baking pan. Sift the brown sugar and 1/4 cup baking cocoa into a bowl and mix well. Sprinkle over the prepared layer. Pour the coffee over the top; do not stir. Bake at 350F for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve warm topped with whipped cream. Garnish with grated chocolate.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of North Harris and South Montgomery Counties, Inc.’s Texas Ties(Spring, Tx., 1997).