Hot Creamy Veggie Dip
- Yield: 4 1/2 cups
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can 97% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 3ounces light pasteurized processed cheese spread
- 1 (8-ounce) package fat-free cream cheese
- 1tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- Cook the broccoli and spinach according to package directions, omitting any salt. Drain well and set aside.
- In a pot coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute the onion and mushrooms over medium heat until tender. Add the cream of mushroom soup, cheese spread, cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce. When the cheese is melted and the mixture is well combined, stir in the cooked broccoli, spinach and water chestnuts.