Hot Cranberry Casserole
- Yield 8 to 10 servings
This cranberry casserole is great as a side dish or served over vanilla ice cream.
- 3 cups chopped apples
- 2 cups whole raw cranberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/3 cups uncooked, quick cooking oatmeal
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- Spray 2-quart casserole dish with oil.
- Place chopped apples and raw cranberries in dish. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Cover with sugar.
- In medium mixing bowl, blend, just to moisten oatmeal, walnuts, brown sugar, and melted margarine. Pour over fruit.
- Bake uncovered at 325F for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Owensboro’s To Market, To Market, Home Again, Home Again (Owensboro, Kentucky, 1984).