Hot Chocolate Chai Mix
- Yield: 7 1/2 cups
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 0 mins
- 32ounces good-quality white chocolate, such as Callebaut, chilled and coarsely chopped
- 1 vanilla bean, cut lengthwise and chopped
- 1teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Place about 12 ounces chocolate and chopped vanilla bean in food processor. Pulse just until chocolate is granular. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Place about 10 ounces chocolate and ground ginger in processor. Pulse just until chocolate is granular. Add to chocolate-vanilla bean mixture.
- Place remaining chocolate, nutmeg, cardamom and peppers in processor. Pulse just until chocolate is granular. Add to chocolate-vanilla bean mixture. Stir well.
- Spoon into half-pint jars or small zip-lock bags. Makes about 7 ½ cups; 30 servings
To make Hot Chocolate Chai: Pour 1 cup scalded milk into a mug. Add 4 tablespoons mix; whisk well.
To make White Christmas Lattes: Combine equal parts strong coffee and Hot Chocolate Chai.
To make White Chocolate Chai Fondue: Heat 1/3 cup heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium heat; add 1 cup mix and whisk.
Recipe by Crescent Dragonwagon.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 240
- Fat 12g
- Cholesterol 25mg
- Sodium 140mg
- Carbohydrate 25g
- Fiber 0g
- Protein 9g