- 8-- broiler-fryer chicken thighs, skinned, boned,cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/4cup cornstarch
- 1/4cup corn oil
- 1large tomato, cut into chunks
- 1-- (4 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained, sliced
- 1-- (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1cup coarsely chopped green onion
- 1cup slant sliced celery
- 1teaspoon flavor enhancer
- 1/8teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4cup soy sauce
- 2cups finely shredded iceberg lettuce
In shallow dish place cornstarch. Add chicken and dredge to coat. In wok* place oil and heat to medium temperature. Add chicken and cook, turning, about 3 minutes or until brown.
Add tomato, water chestnuts, mushrooms, onion, celery, flavor enhancer, garlic powder, soy sauce and stir. Cover and simmer about 5 minutes or until fork can be inserted in chicken with ease. In bowl place lettuce. Add chicken and vegetable mixture and toss lightly. Serve hot with rice.
*If wok not available, use fry pan.