Hot Cheesy Spinach Dip
- Yield: 6 servings
- 4ounces canned green chili peppers, chopped
- 1 1/2tablespoons jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1/4cup onion, finely chopped
- 1tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4cup tomato, chopped
- 4ounces Wisconsin Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2cup half-and-half
- 1 3/4teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
- 1 1/2cups (6-ounces) Wisconsin Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- In vegetable oil, sauté chilies, jalapeños and onion over medium heat, 4 minutes or until soft. Add tomato, cook an additional 2 minutes stirring frequently. Remove from heat; reserve.
- With mixer at medium speed, blend Wisconsin Cream Cheese until smooth. Gradually add half-and-half and vinegar; continue mixing until thoroughly blended. On low speed, gradually add spinach and Wisconsin Cheddar Cheese. Continue mixing until thoroughly blended. Stir in reserved chili mixture.
- To serve: Spoon 1/2 cup of dip into ovenproof ramekin. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until warm. Serve with crackers and/or crudités.
Recipe courtesy of the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board