Hot Cheesy Spinach Dip
- Yield 6 servings
Make plenty of this spicy cheese dip for your next party, it will go quick!
- 4 ounces canned green chili peppers, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup tomato, chopped
- 4 ounces Wisconsin Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 3/4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
- 1 1/2 cups (6-ounces) Wisconsin Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- In vegetable oil, sauté chilies, jalapeños and onion over medium heat, 4 minutes or until soft. Add tomato, cook an additional 2 minutes stirring frequently. Remove from heat; reserve.
- With mixer at medium speed, blend Wisconsin Cream Cheese until smooth. Gradually add half-and-half and vinegar; continue mixing until thoroughly blended. On low speed, gradually add spinach and Wisconsin Cheddar Cheese. Continue mixing until thoroughly blended. Stir in reserved chili mixture.
- To serve: Spoon 1/2 cup of dip into ovenproof ramekin. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until warm. Serve with crackers and/or crudités.
Recipe courtesy of the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board