Hot Buttered Rum
- Yield 12 servings
This hot adult beverage will be the drink of choice at your next holiday party.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups French vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 1/2 cups (12-ounces) rum
- 6 cups boiling water
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, both sugars and spices until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the ice cream. Transfer to a container, cover and freeze.
- To serve: Spoon 1/3 cup frozen ice cream mixture into a mug. Add 1 ounce (1/8 cup) rum and 1/2 cup boiling water. Stir well and serve.